MISE EN PLACE
- 3 habañero chiles, stemmed, halved
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 C shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- Fire Spice | Jerk packet
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 T)
- 2 T canola oil
- 2 T fresh thyme leaves, picked
- 8 large chicken leg-thigh quarters, bone in and skin on
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Serves: 6 – 8
HOW – TO
- In a blender, purée the habañeros, scallions, shallots, garlic, contents of Fire Spice | Jerk packet, salt, soy sauce, lime juice, oil, and thyme into a paste.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the spice paste (wearing gloves is suggested).
- Cover chicken, refrigerate and allow to marinate for at least 3 hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and place chicken skin side up on a large sheet tray. Pat the marinade evenly onto the chicken, and discard excess marinade.
- Roast chicken until cooked through and skin is bronzed, approximately 45-50 min.
- Serve with rice and beans.