MISE EN PLACE
- 2 slabs of baby back ribs (about 11 bones each)
- Fire Spice | BBQ Rub packet
- 3 T Kosher salt
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, quartered, separated into layers
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 12 oz of beer (lager or pilsner)
- 1 C cider vinegar
- 3 C ketchup
- 2 T unsulphured molasses
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C light brown sugar
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 2 – 2 1/2 hrs
Serves: 4 – 6
HOW – TO
- Remove ribs from packaging and pat dry.
- Reserve 1 tsp of Fire Spice | BBQ Rub packet for sauce.
- Season ribs with 2 T of salt and remaining Fire Spice | BBQ Rub packet and rub mixture onto both sides of ribs.
- Refrigerate ribs, covered, for a least 2 hrs up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F then scatter onion pieces and garlic in a roasting pan large enough to accommodate ribs.
- In a large bowl, combine beer, cider vinegar, ketchup, molasses, sugars, remaining salt and reserved Fire Spice | BBQ Rub packet and add mixture to roasting pan.
- Place ribs on top (meat side up), and cover pan TIGHTLY with foil. Cook ribs for 2 hrs or until fork tender.
- Carefully remove foil and brush or baste ribs with the BBQ pan sauce.
- Cook ribs at 375° F for another 15 min to brown, brushing or basting with pan sauce after 10 min.
- Serve ribs with extra pan barbeque sauce and your favorite coleslaw and potato salad.